Create for Good.
Build a sustainable future and earn your master’s degree online in as few as two years.
Ohio University's online Master of Science in Civil Engineering (MSCE)
Master of Science in Civil Engineering overview:
program at the Fritz J. and Dolores H. Russ College of Engineering and Technology gives students an advanced education that meets the growing needs of civil engineering professionals who are actively defining our world, and meet the growing demand for civil engineering leaders.
Build your technical expertise and project management acumen. Focus on building and repairing our infrastructure. Learn to develop transportation systems and networks, or place your emphasis on sustainability and protecting our environment. Stay current as a civil engineer addressing forces changing our physical world: globalization, sustainability, emerging technology. Develop leadership skills that prepare you to manage cross-functional and technical teams.
Why choose the Ohio University MSCE program?
- Choose a specialization in: Construction Engineering and Management, Environmental Engineering, Structural Engineering, or Transportation Engineering.
- Complete the flexible MSCE program 100% online and stay active in your current career.
- Learn how to address globalization, sustainability, and emerging technologies.
- Learn from a faculty of experienced engineers with experience in a diverse range of engineering specialties.
- No GRE required (for qualified applicants).
Why do civil engineers need master's degrees?
Earning your Master of Science in Civil Engineering online from Ohio University means taking an important step toward creating for good – becoming a better engineer and a more effective engineering project manager.
- The comprehensive MSCE online program focuses on the advanced techniques and principles of mathematics and the physical sciences that can be used to create a sustainable world, build a lasting infrastructure, and enhancing our quality of life.
- During the program you'll interact with and learn from a faculty of industry experienced leaders in civil engineering while gaining expertise that you can immediately apply to your current position.
What are the career possibilities with a Master's in Civil Engineering?
Civil engineering has come a long way since Route 66. Technology, material dynamics, and construction techniques have evolved so much that what was being taught even five years ago has to be refined to meet more exacting standards. Today in civil engineering, a master's level education is expected, because a bachelor's degree alone cannot sufficiently equip civil engineers with the expertise necessary to solve the pressing engineering challenges of the future. Typically, the most advanced projects in organizations go to the engineers with the highest levels of education, training, and experience.
Our graduates have careers throughout the landscape of engineering. State DOTs, ADR & Associates, HNTB Corp., SG&H Inc., Stantec Consulting, GDP Group, TEC Engineering Inc., Kokosing Construction Co., Great Lakes Construction, Beaver Construction, URS Corp., CH2M Hill, Sanborn Head & Associates, Parsons Engineering, Strand Associates, and Brown and Caldwell, are just a few of the places where our graduates currently work. MSCE online program graduates will be prepared for advancement in the field, stepping out as well-educated and experienced civil engineers. Russ College graduates already are highly sought after for their multi-disciplinary knowledge as well as their expertise in a range of areas from sustainability to hydrodynamics.
Possible areas of career focus include:
- Environmental Engineering
- Building Inspection
- Structural Engineering
- Construction Management
- Transportation Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Soil Mechanics
- Environmental Science
- Sustainability and Green Construction
- Fluid Dynamics